Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stash Busting Challenge Update

This is my first project for this challenge and it will eventually end up being a blanket for my one of my Daughters. She loves blues so I am trying to find all of my blue scrap leftovers to use up first.

My first color I used I crocheted until I ran out but fell short of finishing a round. I didn't like how that looked so I from then on I try to use up as much as I can and only go as far as my scrap ball of yarn will complete a whole row.

I am really liking how it is turning out, but it is getting harder and harder to use just my scrap balls of yarn. They seem to small, and the larger the blanket gets the more yarn it needs to make a complete round. I will keep going until I am happy with the size and if I do have to use new skeins I will.

7 comments:

  1. Your blanket is looking great. Those last rows are really big...but it is going to be worth it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely square! Maybe you can use it for a cushion cover (for your daughter ;-) )? Then it's easier to use stash. Or why not to use for each side one colour? Have a good time! Sabine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty so far and really it doesn't matter if you have to add new skeins, you are still using your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first project is very pretty. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely blanket with lovely shades of blue. Grannies are always nice to work up. Best wishes,Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Aurora I like this blanket. What is the 'fuzzy' yarn...best way I can describe what I see. It is the fourth color. Look forward to seeing this complete, and I am sure your daughter will love it.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could add a round with granny sqares to use up the small balls and afterwards go on with new balls if necessary. Buat what ever you do, the blanket is going to be lovely. Have a nice week. Regula

    ReplyDelete

Free pattern!

Hello everyone, I am glad you could stop by today. I have been working on a few free patterns for all of you who are so kind to follow my bl...